The Canada-UAE Business Council held its semi-annual board meeting and inaugural symposium in Calgary, Alberta, Canada on July 11. The symposium brought together the CUBC’s distinguished members, who represent leading companies from the UAE and Canada, with 60 other top senior business and government leaders.
The symposium, themed “Building upon Success,” featured three panels consisting of some of Canada’s and the UAE’s, and indeed the world’s, most prominent corporate and government leaders. It was an opportunity to deepen the Canada-UAE relationship, exchange best practices, and put forward bold ideas and tangible action items towards shared prosperity. The symposium was a big success and a major moment in the bilateral relationship.
- Jason Krips, Deputy Minister, Alberta Economic Development and Trade
- Mary Moran, CEO, Calgary Economic Development
- Musabbeh Al Kaabi, Co-Chair, CUBC and CEO, Petroleum & Petrochemicals, Mubadala
- The Honourable Jean Charest, Co-Chair, CUBC and Partner, McCarthy Tétrault
- His Excellency Suhail Mohammed Faraj Al Mazrouei, UAE Minister of Energy and Industry
- The Honourable Deron Bilous, Minister, Alberta Economic Development and Trade
- The Honourable Margaret McCuaig-Boyd, Minister, Alberta Energy
- Kerry Adler, Founder, President & Chief Executive Officer, SkyPower Global Group of Companies
- Laura J. Kilcrease, CEO, Alberta Innovates
- Tom Clark, Chair, Public Affairs and Communications, Global Public Affairs
- His Excellency Fahad Saeed Al Raqbani, Ambassador of the United Arab Emirates to Canada
- Geoff Dover, CEO, Canadian Investment Company and CIO, Heirloom Investment Management
- Ian McKay, CEO, Invest in Canada
- His Excellency Emmanuel Kamarianakis, Consul General for Dubai and the Northern Emirates
About the Canada-UAE Business Council
The Canada-UAE Business Council (CUBC) is an initiative spearheaded by the federal governments of the UAE and Canada to facilitate trade and business activity between the two countries. This high-level business organization supports the development of long-term relationships and undertakes strategic and targeted initiatives to enhance business and trade opportunity between Canada and the UAE, by supporting Canadian business to conduct business in the UAE and UAE businesses to conduct business in Canada.